Foods that fight cancer are mainly vegetables, fruits and whole grains, due to certain specific substances, such as antioxidants that protect the body’s cells helping to fight and prevent the appearance of cancer. In addition, cancer is a disease that is characterized by the disordered growth of cells, which divide very quickly, invading tissues and organs and forming tumors that can spread to other regions of the body.
Virtually all fresh, non-processed foods bring benefits to our health when consumed in the correct amount. Some of these foods have the benefit of fighting cancer. If you are treating cancer or know a patient undergoing treatment, you have certainly heard people giving tips on diets and foods that cure the disease. Often, because of poor health, patients and families end up using this information, which, most of the time, is false and can even harm the patient’s health.
In addition, researchers have discovered and are discovering that certain foods can fight cancer and prevent them. So, check out the 10 Cancer Fighting Vegetables.
- Garlic: Garlic is a truly wonderful food. The active ingredients like allicin help to fight the spread of cancer in a unique way. Well, it interrupts the blood supply for the formation of new tumors. In addition, Garlic is an anti-inflammatory agent and has other nutrients that help fight and prevent cancer such as Selenium, tryptophan. For this reason, several studies have found that those who eat more garlic are less likely to develop various types of cancer, especially in digestive organs, such as the esophagus, stomach and colon.
- Grapes: Grapes are one of the main foods that fight cancer. Because it is a source of polyphenols, the skin and grape seed are other good allies in combating the effects of free radicals. In addition, a study published in Cancer Prevention Research found that resveratrol increases the production of an enzyme that destroys dangerous organic estrogen compounds. Since this type of cancer is hormone-dependent, the control of estrogen levels is essential to prevent its evolution.
- Tomato: Tomato is a good alternative to foods that fight cancer. Well, it is a source of Vitamin C and flavonoids. Flavonoids give the fruit a red color and help to defend the body mainly against lung and prostate cancer. The recommended consumption is approximately 4 slices a day (if possible, organic tomatoes).
- Green Tea: Green tea (for me) is like water in my life. So, Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins, which can help prevent cancer in a wide variety of ways, including eliminating free radicals that are harmful cells. In addition, laboratory studies have found that catechins in tea can shrink tumors and reduce the growth of tumor cells.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed is an alternative to foods that fight cancer. Because it is a source of lignan, a phytoestrogen of action related to the prevention of breast, metastases, cervical and prostate cancer. Don’t know what are metastases? Click to know.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a good choice of foods that fight cancer. For in a study published in the journal Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, it already proved the role of broccoli in cancer prevention. Thanks to various compounds, such as the phytochemical sulforaphane, they have the ability to destroy cancer cells and leave the rest intact. In the survey, men with prostate cancer who consumed the plant showed inhibition of a certain enzyme that is also the target of drugs to treat the disease. Similar results could also be seen in women with breast cancer, in a study released at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research.
- Aloe Vera: Studies have shown that Aloe Vera has strong immunomodulatory and anti-tumor properties in polysaccharides, which means that it increases the function of the immune system and destroys cancer tumors. A study carried out showed that aloe vera polysaccharides exhibited potent macrophages activating activities, including the production of increasing volumes of nitric oxide, which has an anti-tumor potential.
- Algae: Algae are purifying and rich in vitamins, minerals and fibers. They strengthen the immune system and are therefore recommended against side effects after chemotherapy and radiation therapy. therefore an excellent cancer-fighting food.
- Beans: Black and white beans significantly reduce the incidence of colon cancer, as they increase the levels of butyrate, which, in high concentrations, has a protective effect against the onset of cancer. In addition to being effective against breast cancer.
- Carrot: Carrot is one of the main foods that fight cancer. Because it contains a substance called carotenoid, active in combating free radicals that, when in excess, lead to cellular mutations capable of causing cancer. Such action is especially effective in preventing breast cancer, as shown in a study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute that followed more than 6,000 women. Acerola, pumpkin and mango are other good sources of this nutrient.
One of the main causes of cancer is related to eating habits. Having a healthy diet, rich in natural foods such as fruits, vegetables and vegetables is essential to fight this disease that is becoming more and more common nowadays.