A woman undergoes significant physical changes during pregnancy, most significantly, the breasts and abdomen. The breasts often become deflated and are left sagging, while the abdomen appears to have excess skin and stretch marks, bulging in some instances. After delivery, a woman can, however, get her body back into shape by undergoing specialized surgery known as mommy makeovers.
The procedure is usually done in one or two stages. It starts with a consultation where the doctor does a thorough background check into the medical history. It is at this stage you can make known your expectations and outcome desires. The doctor then draws a feasible treatment plan that will help you look better than your current self. Before you decide to get your body back after pregnancy, it is imperative that you prepare adequately so that the body bears less burden for wound healing. It is recommended that you:
- Minimize the level of alcohol consumption
- Take a healthy diet consisting of vitamins and antioxidants
- Do exercises, at least thirty minutes per day
- Attain your weight target a month before the scheduled surgery
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before the surgery
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications
- Prepare for home recovery, particularly if you are staying alone. Move items from high places that might require stretching.
There are different kinds of post pregnancy body restoration procedures. A tummy tuck is performed so as to increase stomach firmness and get rid of any loose skin. It is a permanent procedure that remedies stretch marks, stretched abdominal wall and bulging skin. Breast enhancement is another makeover that is performed to restore the breasts to their shape and size. It may involve breast augmentation by use of breast implants, or through a breast lift, making the breasts bigger and fuller. Liposuction is also applied where excess fat deposits are removed, helping the body to contour well particularly around the waist. Skin tighteners can also be used to restore your body after pregnancy, particularly if you just need a minor tweaking. It is necessary to restore your body after pregnancy. You know that you are a candidate for this surgical procedure if:
- You have excess fat around the hips and thighs
- Have uneven breasts, decreased breast volume, drooping nipples, sagging breasts and stretched areolas
- Fat starts accumulating around the scar that formed after you had a caesarian section
- You have a thick and undefined waistline, and your tummy has a bulging skin and stretch marks
- Your breasts extraordinarily increased in size after childbirth and are not proportional
The results of this procedure can be made permanent if you avoid further pregnancies and keep your weight in check. However, in the event that you desire to have more children in the near future, you will be forced to wait a little longer, especially if you underwent a tummy tuck procedure. Unfortunately, a second procedure after stretching the skin again may not give the desired results as the first one. Lastly, it is important to keep in touch with your doctor, observing the scheduled check-ups for evaluation on the healing process.