Obesity (being overweight) not only makes you aesthetically unappealing but also pushes you toward several chronic health issues. Weight loss is one of the best things you can give your body for an improved quality of life. And when it is medically supervised, it is even more safe, healthy, and more beneficial.
Cypress family medicine practice offered by highly experienced physicians, helps you achieve an optimal weight to enhance your overall well-being.
Table of Contents
Weight loss is challenging and takes patience
Excess weight gain (obesity) is a prevailing problem worldwide affecting people of all age groups. This dramatically increases your risk of several health issues like heart disease, hormonal imbalance, stroke, lung disease, and certain types of cancers.
Weight loss is essential to keep you healthy and prevent life-threatening diseases. Unhealthy food habits and lack of exercise can make weight loss challenging. It’s no surprise that people struggle with their diet.
A sedentary lifestyle can take a toll especially if you spend a lot of time in front of screens for school, work, or entertainment. Lack of physical activity can negatively impact your metabolism.
Stress and poor sleep are other contributing factors to weight gain which make it hard to shed those extra kilos.
Health risks of being obese
Being overweight is the most common risk factor for several medical conditions:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Certain cancers
- Sleep apnea
- Sexual dysfunction
- Gallbladder stones
- Mental health issues like depression, and anxiety
Medically supervised weight loss
Incorporating a healthy lifestyle through a well-balanced diet, and regular exercise cannot help you lose stubborn fat. Your failed efforts can cause distress and loss of self-esteem.
Seeking help from an experienced medical professional is essential to help you sail through your weight loss journey.
A medically supervised weight loss program includes the following:
- Consultation and evaluation
- Your doctor evaluates your overall health through a detailed medical and family history.
- This is followed by a comprehensive physical examination.
- Customized nutritional counseling
- Your doctor in collaboration with a dietician or a nutritionist will design a personalized nutritional approach.
- This is easy to understand and simple to incorporate into your daily routine.
- These comprise appetite-suppressing drugs that also enhance your metabolism.
- Adapting to an active lifestyle
- Regular exercises within the limits that are well tolerated by your body help you shed extra kilos.
- These exercises save you from undue strain exerted on your body.
Weight loss is a tedious journey that requires patience, perseverance, and consistency to achieve the desired outcome.
Consult a healthcare professional to seek help for weight loss through medically approved methods.