Thinning hair and hair loss are a cosmetic issue that impacts men and women. Although balding is not physically debilitating, it can affect your look and self-esteem. Thankfully, you don’t need to live with this cosmetic problem. Today, a hair restoration Pasadena option like LED red light therapy can restore your natural hair growth without undergoing a surgical procedure. Keep reading to understand how this procedure works:
Table of Contents
Hair loss Causes
Hair loss affects confidence, so anyone dealing with challenging hair loss will want to find an effective solution. You could lose hair for various reasons such as the following:
- Stress. If you are highly stressed and anxious, your body, mind, and hairline are affected. Such hair loss is temporary and your hair may grow again once you relieve stress.
- Hormonal changes. Hormonal changes can occur because of pregnancy and menopause. No matter the cause, it can trigger changes in your hair density and volume.
- Family history. People with androgenetic alopecia often get this condition from a family member. Common symptoms of this condition include bald spots in men and a receding hairline.
- Medical issues. Autoimmune diseases like thyroid conditions can take a toll on your immune system, causing patchy hair loss. Also, fungal problems and scalp infections can result in hair growth issues.
- Tight hairstyles. Traction alopecia can result from constant tugging at the delicate hair strands. This habit can put pressure on your scalp. Although hair loss associated with this condition is temporary, it can persist if scarring occurs in your scalp.
What to Know About Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy is a natural, effective procedure to stimulate hair growth. A provider will apply a red light laser at the right intensity, duration, and wavelength, to the scalp. Once the body harnesses the light, the latter is transformed into cellular energy. When this occurs, the natural healing process of the body is stimulated, possibly promoting hair growth.
Light therapy only works when LED sources can deliver maximum power and produce therapeutic wavelengths. While at-home laser devices are available for treating hair loss, a professional treatment offers maximum results.
Light wavelength is said to stimulate the cell’s energy center (mitochondria) and promote blood flow to the scalp. Also, red light therapy can affect new capillary production, bringing vital oxygen and nutrients to cells. Red wavelengths can minimize oxidative stress, helping with hair regrowth. Additionally, red light treatment can shift energy around your body, possibly accelerating the healing process.